Even Sanders & Warren Don’t Buy This $32 Trillion Scam
I hate to be that angry 5th grader who tells you there is no Santa Claus, but you’re starting to look stupid and I’m worried about how this will impact your longterm social status, so here we go:
Medicare for all is a massive scam and a lie. Even its biggest supporters in Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren don’t really believe it. As with most of their policy proposals, they don’t intend to follow it–only make you follow it.
Case In Point: both Sanders and Warren are Medicare eligible.
This means that either of them could drop their private health insurance (a Cadillac plan you and I pay for) tomorrow, and opt in to Medicare.
They won’t do it because Medicare sucks. Yeah, I said it. The only redeeming aspect of Medicare is that you don’t have to pay through the nose, but Medicare Advantage has emerged as an add on because it behaves more like the private insurance tens of millions of Americans are used to and comfortable with. This signals that Americans want an insurance option where they can curate their own coverage and simultaneously avoid crazy costs.
The reality is that Medicare only pays 99% of costs. That means the institution eats the remaining 1%. That business model can work when one is looking at a broader revenue model that includes overpaying individuals and private plans, but when those all go away under this scheme/scam, institutions become unsustainable.
This is why the conservative estimates show the closure of rural hospitals (already at a crisis point) going on steroids, and at least 2 million (!!!!) healthcare professionals losing their jobs.
With a 1% margin hospitals cannot afford to raise salaries, pay recruitment or retention bonuses, upgrade equipment, or make necessary repairs.
As with most of the policy proposals offered by the Socialist Left, Medicare for All is a massive scam that diminishes options, degrades care, and will kill entire institutions along with a few million goood-paying jobs.
And, if all of these prior facts have yet to convince you, consider this: their scheme will cost us $32 trillion.
More than the current national debt.
More than the entire federal budget for the next 8-10 years.
It isn’t just unworkable, it is unaffordable and unbelievable.
The clock is ticking in this 2020 Primary. Don’t believe the hype. MFA is a lie perpetuated by people who could prove their concept or commitment, but don’t.